Friday, November 20, 2009

If you want to find a bacteria that fills a role, can you set up a trap to find it?(look at the details)?

description:


I have read of a few different classifications of bacteria and I realize that many classifications of bacteria are not in the common record. With that fact, i want to see if I can grow a bacteria by


For example, say i want a bacteria that metabolizes sugar. If I put sugar in a container , solid container with a solid long and thin spout, and i heated the container at the bottom and waited.


would a bacteria form that is thermaphillic that metabolizes sugar and is aerobic(the heat at the bottom, the sugar, and the air spout)? if so,how long might it take?if not,please explain why?





I hope I have clarified my desires.I recognize this could be confusing.

If you want to find a bacteria that fills a role, can you set up a trap to find it?(look at the details)?
Since most bacteria metabolize sugar and are aerobic, any bacteria in the air can settle into your trap unless it is so hot it fries them. however, thermophiles are very specific organisms which are not usually found just anywhere. if you want thermophiles you need to go to a geyser or volcano to collect them and even then, i am not sure they will survive in your trap.


No comments:

Post a Comment